It’s been 3 years since Expat Bookshop was founded, so we took a moment to reflect…
Just in case you didn’t already know it, Expat Bookshop is an online portal specialising in books by expats for expats. We aim to showcase the work of expat authors, connect expats around the world, and offer a dynamic set of resources and tools for expats to turn to.
THINGS WE’RE CELEBRATING
- Expat Bookshop is the only portal specialising in books by expats for expats.
- In only 3 months, www.expatbookshop.com had received a Google PR (page rank) of 3.
- The bookshop hosts 76 authors (excluding contributors to anthologies) and 82 expat-related books, published both by Summertime Publishing (UK) and a variety of other publishers.
- Today we feature expat books across a range of genres, including: anthology, country guides, memoir, fiction, how to books (how to write abroad, how to work abroad, how to buy property abroad), children’s books, TCKs, and expat transition.
- The books featured on Expat Bookshop cover a wealth of disciplines. Counsellors, publishers, intercultural trainers, international education consultants, artists, property experts, entrepreneurs, anthropologists, and of course novelists and journalists… and they all have (at least) one thing in common: experience with expat living.
- Our featured authors come from across the globe, including England, Ireland, Scotland, Spain, Australia, the Netherlands, South Africa, Switzerland, the USA, Italy, Germany, Scotland, Greece, and Brazil…
- … and their books cover (or are set in) Australia, Poland, Norway, Portugal, Romania, the UAE, England, Scotland, Spain, Gran Canaria, the Netherlands, South Africa, the USA, Dominican Republic, Gabon, Turkey, Kazakhstan, France, Iran, Ireland, to mention but a few.
Here’s to expat literature… and many more seasons of it! Cheers! Prost! Salute!
Ps. If you’d like your book to be featured in Expat Bookshop, find more details here. We offer a variety of programmes to suit your needs and budget.