Last month, Brit-born Lindsay de Feliz saw the publication of What About Your Saucepans? (Summertime Publishing). The memoir, set in the Dominican Republican, is her first book – and was Summertime Publishing’s bestseller on both kindle and printed formats for the month of March. If you didn’t catch her success story last week on www.JoParfitt.com, here’s a quick summary:
“… I really had no idea what I should be doing, never having written or sold a book before. I decided on a staged approach,” says Lindsay. Stage 1 included, for example:
- Setting up her details on Author Central for Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk.
- Finding people (mainly friends) to be local distributors in the UK, Dominican Republic and Canada.
- Sending an advance PDF to friends who wrote reviews on Amazon.com as soon as the book appeared.
- Posting on Facebook – both on her page and on relevant Dominican group pages.
- Emailing everyone who had contacted her via the blog in the past 18 months (about 100 people).
- Blogging, blogging, blogging…
- Encouraging anyone who said they had read the book to review it online.
See the results of stage 1 – and her next steps (stage 2) – at www.JoParfitt.com.