Rich Feller, Life Re-Imagined Program, AARP
Reading Retire to the Life You Love is like having a lively and engaging conversation with a life coach. It is packed with ideas, inspiring real life examples, stories (including Nell’s own story interwoven throughout the chapters), PLUS the practical models and tools to help you answer personal questions like these:
- Who am I when I am no longer identified by my work role?
- What if I want or need to work?
- How do I get off the treadmill and live more simply, calmly, and peacefully?
- How do I stay active, productive, and keep my vitality for living?
- How do I stop myself from stagnating, and keep learning, growing, and developing?
- How will I stay healthy?
- How do I create a new routine and social network?
- How will my partner and I function together?
- How do I stop feeling scared about retirement?
- What will give my life joy and meaning?
- Is it too late to make a difference?
With the Six Ways to Love Your Life as an operating framework, Retire to the Life You Love invites you to explore and discover answers to these important questions and embrace the opportunities a long life and long health offers.
You have the freedom now to choose to be the change you wish to see in yourself, your family, community, or society with Retire to the Life You Love as your personal guide.
“Retire to the Life You Love is a book of wisdom. If people spent only 10% of the time they spend planning their finances on planning a meaningful future, our society’s happiness index would increase exponentially.”
Dr. Laura Hambley, Founder, Canada Career Counselling
Adjunct Professor of Psychology, University of Calgary