The Global Nomad’s Guide to University Transition
A practical and inspiring handbook for students who must make the double transition of not only adjusting to a new life stage as an independent adult, but also to a whole new culture, for even their home culture will be foreign to them in many respects.
The Global Nomad’s Guide to University Transition is a practical, to-the-point guide for:
- Students transitioning back to their home country for college/university.
- Students relocating to another host country for university.
- Parents who want to know how they can prepare and support their student in his or her university transition.
- International school teachers and guidance/college counsellors who want to understand the issues involved in the international transition to university and prepare students for these.
- College and university staff who want to support international students and help ensure a smooth transition.
Filled withreal-life stories, tips and vignettes, The Global Nomad’s Guide to University Transition provides a wealth of practical examples and wise advice. It covers all the important topics that TCKs and other international students need for adjusting to university life:
- the cycle of transition
- independent living
- time management
- interpersonal relationships